BeadforLife eradicates extreme poverty by creating bridges of understanding between impoverished Africans and concerned world citizens. Ugandan women turn colorful recycled paper into beautiful beads. Women in Northern Uganda gather shea nuts and press them into shea butter for cosmetics and soaps. And people who care open their hearts,homes and communities to buy and sell both products.
They have these great Bead Parties where WE can help spread the word and sell these wonderful hand-crafted products. Many of the women who make the beads have been left as widows and struggled to merely survive when their husbands died. Being able to make an income by rolling beads has been a life-saving and life-changing opportunity. But, in order to make money, their product has to sell. This is where the Bead Parties come in.
Check out this link to learn how you can get involved. BeadForLife will send you, at no cost :
* Approximately 275 jewelry items (more for larger BeadParties)
* Shea Butter Soap and Peppermint Lip Balm
* Our inspirational DVD about the beaders, BeadforLife and how to roll a bead
* A CD “From the Heart of BeadforLife” with original Ugandan songs and music
* Educational materials and biographies of some of the beaders
* African recipes
* A pre-paid return label (so you can return what you don’t sell free of charge),
* And much more!
You can set up shop at your church, community center, neighborhood yard-sale, or any other place where people will be converging. This would be a great event to have before Mother’s Day! Promote giving gifts that make a real difference!
BeadForLife is currently running a March Out Of Poverty Challenge and they’re hoping to get 500 Bead Parties registered before March 31st. You can sign up and plan your party for anytime throughout the year!
I just signed up to host one and I can’t wait!